Food is a common language and universal right.
Slow Food is a non-profit, eco-gastronomic member-supported organization that was founded in 1989 to counteract fast food and fast life, the disappearance of local food traditions and people's dwindling interest in the food they eat, where it comes from, how it tastes, how our food choices affect the rest of the world. Slow Food USA envisions a world in which all people can eat food that is good for them, good for the people who grow it and good for the planet. In essence, food that is good, clean and fair. You don't have to be a member of Slow Food to attend Slow Food Pittsburgh events; but by becoming a member, you'll influence goals from better school lunches to a level playing field for local growers.
- Regional Food Policy Council member
- Farmers @ Firehouse sponsorship--board participation, chef's demos, weekly Market mail
- Kid's cooking classes taught by SFP members at Whole Foods Market
- On-going nose-to-tail local meat education
- Canning, pickling, fermenting, preserving classes
- Taste education events
- Social nights
Join us on Facebook: